Saturday, July 23, 2011

A peak into my bathroom stash...

I know how you guys love my beauty product reviews, so here is a new one for you! I'm trying to find a title for these beauty product posts, do you like A peak into my bathroom stash, or do you have any other suggestions? I'm open here, so share away!

Ever notice how a good hair day is well, a good day? When my hair looks good, I feel good. I carry my head high, smile more, and generally just have a good day all around. It makes me confident and feel stylish, like I have it all together. (Which I don't, but appearances are everything here. Fake it until you make it right?). My problem is that I have fine hair, but a lot of it. My hair is naturally very straight, it's what women spend hours flat ironing their hair to achieve. So what the hell am I complaining about you scream at your computer screen? Well, while flat shiny hair may appeal to Jen Aniston (and she does rock it), I prefer my hair to have body, something my hair is inherently against.

Jen, looking gorgeous as usual
As a result of my quest for body, I have a massive amount of half empty shampoo and conditioner bottles in my hall closet. I buy a bottle, hoping it will deliver on it's promises of beautiful, lasting body. Alas, much like the guys at the bar on ladies night, the vague promises are actually hollow sweet smelling lies. I have tried more shampoos than I can count.

I admit I can be somewhat of a shampoo snob. There are some brands that I won't even try; I have it in my head that they are cheap and won't do a damn thing for my flat hair. Tresemme is one of those brands. Why, I cannot tell you. I have no proof that Tresseme is a shady brand, I just have this stuck in my head as cheap and pointless, so I never even bothered.

But last month, while I was waiting on my prescription at the grocery store, I saw a display of Tresemme shampoos and conditioners. On sale. Giant bottles for 2.50 each. I sat there, staring at the bottles and thinking that there is NO way a quality product could be sold in such a large quantity for 5 bucks for the set. No way. Something made me go and look at the bottles. I picked up the shampoo and smelled it. It smelled lovely. But as my closet full of misfit shampoo can attest to, a lovely smell means nothing in way of giving my fine hair body. On the other hand, it was just five bucks.

So I gambled...

Jackpot! Tresseme 24 hour body shampoo and conditioner has ended my years long quest for full, bouncy hair. I don't have to style it at all, or use any other product in my hair expect this shampoo and conditioner. I brush my hair all day long since it tangles so easily, and my constant tugging does not deflate it at all. Neither does the horrid god awful humidity we have been experience on the East coast. It is truly the Holy Grail of shampoo and conditioner for fine hair. I cannot express enough the things it does for my hair. I can wash my hair in the morning, have body, true body, all day, sleep on my hair, and wake up with volume! This is unbelievable to me. I am amazed, and really should send the good people at Tresemme a massive gift basket. And throw out all the half empty bottles of sweet smelling lies in my closet.

Seriously, I beg you, I implore you, to try out this duo. It will change your life. After all, a good hair day, as we all know, is a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, your hair sounds just like mine. I'm totally giving this shampoo a try!

    I've been using Garnier Fructise something or other and it's OKAY, but not FAB. I'm in the mood for FAB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true. A head full of good hair can really motivate you when you take a look in the mirror, no? It's nice to have some good shampoo lying around so you can give your hair a good beauty treatment.

    ReplyDelete